Looking for a creative outlet—and not being crafty or possessing enough to patience to scrapbook—I decided that a family blog would be the good way to go. Completely new to blogging, and not being very computer savvy, it has taken a while to get it up and running. The funny thing is that this mirrors the reality of our lives…
Tyler and I have now been married for 7 months and have yet to unpack all of our boxes—we still have random bins from our separate apartments piled in the front room. It has taken us 7 months to get the internet set up, decide where exactly the furniture should go, plug in lamps, and to hang up pictures.
It has been fun, though, setting up our lives; making plans. Being married is slightly different than I pictured it, and I am glad. I couldn’t have imagined how much fun it would be set up our home together—washing and putting away all of our flatware, lining our kitchen cupboards etc. It’s so nice to have warm legs to stick your cold toes on in the middle of the night and to have someone to tell you how beautiful you are every morning—even if you don’t believe it because of your unbrushed teeth and uncombed hair.
Marriage is about give and take, and learning to ignore the insignificant things your spouse does that annoy you. I used to be so picky about my husband drying his hands on the dish towel instead of the hand towel or laying on the bed with his shoes on. I have learned to say “please” when I ask him not to do that or, better yet, to bite my lip and keep the thought to myself, cringing only on the inside. How particular my husband used to be about the toilet paper being torn exactly on the perforation rather than in the center of the sheet—I try to comply, but when I don’t he fixes it and just smiles.
So that’s us, our beginning. The journey to forever is bound to be great.
1 comment:
Oh, so tender! I just know that you and T2 will live happily ever after!
Post a Comment