Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I voted and so did Tyler!

Hooray for Election Day!

I am so grateful for the right that I have to vote. Not that my vote makes a huge difference, or any difference, but it makes me feels good to at least have a say in the goings on ‘round here. When the election results in a victory for my chosen cause I feel the sweet satisfaction of having done something good for myself, my family, and my country. And when the opposite happens, I don’t feel guilt about the negative things to say about the leaders of the country—in fact I feel entitled to express my discontent.
The right to vote really is a great thing. It’s empowering—even if it is a false sense of power.

This year was Tyler’s first time voting ever! I am so proud of him. Way to go babe! You’re such a responsible citizen!

2 comments:

Ryan & Sarah said...

Your blog is cute! I'm so happy you have one! It makes it easier to keep in touch! Hope your doing well! miss you!

Allyson said...

Good for you and T2 - way to be!